Glass, Metal and Plastic Containers Team
This team focuses on solutions for discarded containers (e.g., from beverages). Potential solutions include deposit legislation, recovery of material for new bottles and containers, and development of small companies (“cottage industries”) that make niche objects of from recycled materials.
- Lisa Ruggero (primary)
- Laura Cardoso
- VIRP Glass, Plastic and Metal Cont Team Meeting_7_29_2013
- VIRP Glass, Plastics and Metal Containers Team Meeting_3_25_2013
Glass, Metal and Plastic Containers Team participants: Glass Team Members
Resources: The following are resources related to the Government Relations Team initiatives.
- Plastics Report From Columbia University’s Earth Engineering Center
- New York State Environmental Conservation Law: Article 27 – Collection, Treatment and Disposal of Reuse and Other Solid Waste
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation – Regulations Part 367: Returnable Beverage Containers